1. Making progress on The Luminaries. It is so much more helpful when she sits next to the book and not on the book. (iPhone pic)
2. Making gingerbread cookies. (After two trips to the grocery store because I yet again accidentally bought powdered sugar instead of brown. Also, that colored sugar stuff is the glitter of the baking aisle. Ten years from now whoever lives here will still be finding it in the nooks and crannies of the kitchen. And yes, those are camels on the left, and no, I have no idea how I came to own camel-shaped cookie cutters.)
3. Plunging into the depths of the unfinished project pile and (hopefully) finishing one or two!
4. Snow. Two storms in four days. Ugh. Winter can be over now.
5. Not pictured: several rounds of cribbage, a bit of Xmas shopping, and many snippets of holiday songs sung with the VEB.