2) Speaking of television, new Doctor Who! Warehouse 13 is back next week! And this weekend we stumbled upon Once Upon A Time, sailing through Season 1 with a couple of marathon Netflix sessions. There is SO much wrong with this show, and yet I really liked it. You just can’t think too hard about any of it.
3) I am generally not a fan of board games; however, the VEB has introduced me to the world of independent board games. Settlers of Catan was one, Ticket to Ride was another. Today someone mentioned Pandemic, and after hearing about it I can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night than saving mankind from the throes of not one but four evil viruses. Again, I am not even kidding a little bit.
4) Speaking of games, the VEB is also trying to teach me Words With Friends. One might think I would be a killer Scrabble player, but alas see above (“not generally a fan of board games”). Also I can’t remember rules and I don’t like to lose, which are two big strike outs. I am not quite ready for prime-time yet, but am finding it oh-so-slightly addictive. (I am, however, the self-appointed Reigning Queen of Seven Little Words.)
5) David Sedaris has a new book coming out!
6) There is a new Depeche Mode album out!?
7) And possibly even stranger, there is a John Denver tribute album out. The last album of this ilk I ever bought was an Elton John/Bernie Taupin compilation where Kate Bush did a cover of Rocket Man. (I still find this odd.) At any rate, I am sad no one covered Follow Me, which is probably my favorite John Denver song, or Poems & Prayers & Promises, although let’s face it: you probably can’t top being accompanied by Fozzie Bear & Scooter.
6) When all else fails, take a nap.